My GF Pizza Dough Recipe
Even my Boyfriend decided to forgo our neighborhood brick oven pizza this past Sunday for this very recipe. So trust me, it's delicious!
Gluten Free Pizza Dough Crust Recipe
1 1/2 cups King Arthur Gluten-Free 1 for 1 Baking Flour
2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons instant yeast
1 tablespoon sugar
1 cup warm water
1/4 cup olive oil, divided
2 Mixing Bowls
Handheld or Standing Electric Mixer
1.Place the dry ingredients (except the yeast and sugar) into a large mixing bowl. Mix with a whisk or spoon until thoroughly blended.
2. In the second bowl, pour in the sugar, 2 tablespoons olive oil, yeast, and then warm water and 1/2 cup of the dry mixture from the first bowl. Stir to combine; a few lumps are OK. Set aside for 30 minutes, until the mixture is bubbly and smells yeasty.
3. After 30 minutes, add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients, and beat on medium speed for 2-3 minutes. Make sure to use the rubber spatula to scrape down the mixture until thoroughly combined. The mixture will be thick and sticky.
*You may think it's too wet or too sticky. It's not! It should almost resemble spackle you would use for a wall.
4. Cover the bowl and let the dough rest for another 30 minutes or so.
5. Meanwhile, Preheat the oven to 425°F
6. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of olive oil onto the center of pizza pan ( I would use one that does not have holes. If that's all you have you can use a regular baking pan). Scrape the dough using your rubber spatula from the bowl onto the puddle of oil.
7. Using the spatula, start at the center of the dough and work outwards, pressing it into a 12 inch circle. Be patient! It's a little sticky but you will get it stretched out.
8. Bake the crust for 8 minutes. The surface will look opaque, rather than shiny.
* I use a metal spatula to scrape the dough off the pan to make sure it won't stick later when I go to remove it.
9. Top it with your favorite toppings! In the video and photos in this blog I used red pizza sauce, sliced GF turkey meatballs, fresh basil, and buffalo mozzarella.
10. Return to the oven to finish baking, about 10 to 15 minutes. I watch the cheese and wait until it just starts to golden.
Remove from the oven, and ENJOY!